Refrigerators seem to be a lifesaver for food to stay fresh when consumed, and can be stored for a relatively long period of time. However, unfortunately there are certain foods that cannot last long. Or, certain foods actually cause a stinging smell that is contagious to other foods.
Well, in order not to be thrown away, you better know how to store food in the refrigerator to be more durable and not interfere with the taste of the food.
- Do not wash the fruit before it is put into the refrigerator because it will accelerate the decay. Roughly, this is the rule
- Fruits do not require high humidity. Avoid washing the fruit before it is put into the refrigerator because it will damage the moisture so it is easy to rot. Put the fruit on the open center shelf.
- Certain fruits such as bananas, avocados, cantaloupe and oranges, just will not last long if put in the refrigerator. Simply store these fruits at room temperature or in the open air.
- As for the fruit pieces, give lemon juice to inhibit the oxidation of the fruit that prevents the color becomes brown and loss of crispness. Can also be put into a bowl with plastic wrap (plastic wrap).
- For fresh fruit can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks. As for the fruit that has been cut can be stored only 3-4 days.
- Special apples, separate them with other fruit. Apples secrete certain gases that cause fruits or vegetables to rot quickly
- Keep apples separately with other mature fruits. Instead, you can place the apple adjacent to the fruits that are not too ripe in order to quickly ripen.
- In order not to change the taste and texture of apples, you can store the apple by wrapping it in a plastic perforation before it is put into the refrigerator.
- In contrast to fruits, vegetables require higher moisture and more rapid rot than fruit
- Wash vegetables to prevent bacteria from causing wither and yellowish. Wait for the dry before putting it in a hollow plastic bag or wrapped in paper. Special mushrooms must be wrapped in paper, because it is easy to sweat and rotten when wrapped in plastic.
- Keep away from fruits and onions and garlic to avoid the yellowing of the gas.
- Place on the shelf or a special drawer of vegetables. Vegetables can be stored 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Save the eggs by putting a small tip under it so it does not rot quickly
- Wash eggs to remove dirt and wipe dry.
- Store in the eggs provided in the refrigerator by putting a small tip down. This will ensure the airbags above are not pressured by the weight of the egg so it is not easy to rupture.
- Eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 weeks.
- Make sure the meat, fish and fresh poultry remain on the plastic wrapper, or use a plate mat if without wrapping
Let the meat, fish, and poultry remain in the wrapper. Removing the wrapper may increase the risk of exposure to bacteria. If meat is not wrapped at purchase, use a plate as a base to keep the water content from spreading the food under it.
- Dairy products and their preparations should be put into the refrigerator. Specifically for this product, packaging becomes a very important thing
- To store milk, it would be nice to use a plastic bottle as a wrapper rather than a cardboard carton. Bacteria more easily grow in cardboard boxes than plastic bottles. If the milk carton has been opened, milk should be consumed within 7 – 10 days.
- Let the cheese, yoghurt, sour cream, milk, and cream stay in the package. If it is consumed, do not return it to its original container. Put it in a bowl or plate with plastic wrap.
- Special cheese, use aluminums foil wrap if it is consumed. For hard cheeses such as cheddar can last 3-4 weeks after opening. As for soft cheeses such as ricotta can survive one week after it opened.
- Potato serves to absorb foul odors from food or processed foods that are put into the refrigerator
- Actually, potatoes are not ideal for storing in the refrigerator because the starch will turn into a sugar substance. Put it in a darker place, cooler and away from the onion type. If there is a growth of sprouts, should be removed immediately.
- To absorb foul odors from groceries or processed foods and put into the refrigerator, randomly insert the potato split in several places in the refrigerator. Potato slits are quite replaced every three days with a fresh one.
If you have a culinary business and need a large refrigerator room you can visit the freezer room, thank you may be useful.